Translate

Wednesday 25 May 2011

May 25, 2011

Our new pre-fabricated classroom arrived today, and I was taking photos of the
 offloading procedure - quite a spectacular procedure, I might add!
During this process, a learner came to me with a beautiful caterpillar - I was thrilled because I had not yet found a suitable photo for my journal today.  Quite a colourful character...

Much to my amazement a lizard came along and stole the subject right from under my nose!!
It had been sitting in a nearby tree and darted down fearlessly.

What a handsome chappy - probably a juvenile Blue Headed Lizard.
It made a beeline for the tree but dropped the caterpillar and after much tounge action  the lizard disappeared out of site.  Presumably the caterpillar gave off a foul taste or perhaps poison?
Thank you, sweet child for bringing me the caterpillar!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my that is just so amazing. Fantastic capture Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic capture indeed. Did the caterpillar survive the attack?

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing incident Maggie, a little soapbox drama - although the caterpillar didn't fare so well out of it...it's amazing that the lizard even tried eating it, they normally know if it's edible...well done you for getting it on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics and an amazing sequence of events! Can just picture the lizard's reaction!

    ReplyDelete