Translate

Thursday 21 July 2011

July 21, 2011

 These little frogs are known as "Banded Rubber Frogs"
They are very shiny and I find them difficult to photograph.
  They burrow and live on termites and other insects. This chap was inside the compost drum when I lifted the lid today.  The comical threatening stance led to my decision to post the photos even though I was not happy with the quality.  It lifted its behind and puffed itself up trying to look beeeeg and dangerous - it was quite hilarious. 
Worried that it might explode, I closed the lid - I certainly did not want to be in the line of fire!

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating in colour and ability to expand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating, Maggie! The colouring makes it look dangerous, like the poison dart frogs of the Amazon.. Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maggie I never thought of you as a coward before!!!!! Thanks for the pics and forlifting my spirits on a day when they definitely needed a lift.

    ReplyDelete