Translate

Monday 10 September 2012

September 10, 2012

A collage of the pack of Wild Dogs seen in Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park yesterday.
They loved the water and as you can see would even lie down in it.
I found it very strange that they took turns to urinate in different puddles
asif marking it as their property.

The number of Wild Dogs are declining and there are approximately 4 500 surviving in protected areas in Africa. The largest population of Wild Dogs in South Africa, is in the Kruger National Park, although, sadly they are one of the only three mammals in South Africa that are endangered. 

4 comments:

  1. I would love to get the chance to photograph these beautiful creatures in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't believe our luck - I had trouble breathing, I was so excited!

      Delete
  2. Great pics and love the collage Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia! You are such a stalwart supporter- I appreciate all your comments although I don't always acknowledge them.

      Delete