Translate

Monday 29 April 2013

April 25, 2013

Apologies for being behind with my daily postings  - I am hoping to catch up ;)
Thursday April 25 had many photographers watching the moon .... but it was a "tiny" eclipse!!
This photo was taken at 09:57pm
I quote from an e-mail received from the Wits University:
"Tiny Eclipse of the Moon - Thu 25th
There will be a very very small (2%) eclipse of the Moon Thursday, from 9:52pm to 10:22pm. 
Look at the (full) Moon earlier in the evening, and you'll see the edges are perfectly smooth.  Look around 10:05pm, and you may notice a small smudge on the lower left edge - this is the shadow of the Earth, touching the Moon 380,000 km away. 
The eclipse may be difficult to see - binoculars or a small telescope would help."

Below is a  photo taken earlier in the evening - at 6:49pm
Unfortunately I did not watch throughout the evening - spent ages on the phone and forgot...
Happy that I remembered in the end, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment